Tuesday, July 31, 2012

You can thank my confusion for the extension!

     My, oh my! Where has July gone?  This morning after I had cleared the cobwebs from my brain, I sat down at the computer to check the library's Facebook page and saw that Leslie Paul, the director, had posted a reminder that Nancy Saunders, puppeteer was going to be there this Friday.  In the back of my head, I knew that this special children's visitor was going to be there on August 3rd.  Confused and dazed, after my daughter got out of the shower, preparing for her work day at the library, I asked her to double check with Leslie or Nancy which was correct-THIS Friday, or August 3rd?  She gave me a look that said it all, but she voiced her opinion of my crazy question.  "Mom, THIS Friday IS August 3rd."

     Oh, dear.  In my hesitancy to see this summer pass by quickly, I realized that I was a week behind the calendar!  Which also meant that I am a week behind in this blog, among everything else!  Perhaps it was my subconscious dealing with the impending date when my firstborn will fly the nest and head off to college, or perhaps it was that summer is my favorite season and I hate to see it go.  Even though the calendar says that summer lasts through the third week of September, once August 1st comes, summer seems to fly by in a flurry of activity.

     This August, not only will we be preparing for "our" first year of college, but we are also preparing for our "baby's" Senior year of High School, which means clothes shopping, senior picture taking, getting him set to retake his college entrance exams and driver's test, and finishing up college visits.  Not to mention my transfer to another school to finish my degree.  Yikes!  It's no wonder I am a bit confused!

     In all this confusion, I can't help but wish, just a little bit, for a time that was a bit simpler, like Dorothy Stacy portrays in her Erie Canal Cousins series.  Wishing for time to move at a much slower pace, a time to enjoy the simpler pleasures in life, not wanting to see our daughter leave just quite yet.

     Since I have been under the influence of "brain fog" for a few weeks, I am extending July's contest through August 15th, so there is still time to enter to win one book in the Erie Canal Cousins series, signed by Dorothy Stacy.  You can thank my confusion for the extension!

No comments:

Post a Comment