Monday, October 1, 2012

The day has finally come.  The day that many of you have eagerly awaited.  The day has come to reveal the winner of Rod Riesel's debut book Sleeping Dogs Lie.

Before I draw the name, I wanted to share with you some of Rod's thoughts about life in Herkimer, writing and such.


  • As for life in Herkimer, Rod thinks that the people are the best thing about the area:


         "I would have to say that my favorite thing about Herkimer would be the   
          small town atmosphere. I like that while my wife and I are on a walk  
          someone always drives by who beeps and waves. I like that every time I 
          run to the store for something, what should have taken 15 minutes takes a 
          half hour, because I always run into someone I know." 

I know that feeling well, don't you?


  • Rod's other passion in life (besides his wife, family and writing): Running.
        "I also enjoy running. I have run the last eleven Boilermakers in a row. My 
         wife and I run about six or seven area races a year including Herkimer’s 
         Dare Run and the ARC Heart and Sole Run."


  • Rod's appreciation for the "creative process":

        "I have always been fascinated by the creative process. I was always amazed at how someone could just sit down and write a book or a song, or paint a picture, or write a poem. Like a lot of people, writing a book is something I always said I would like to do, but never really thought I would. Even toward the end of writing this book I was still in the mindset that only friends and family would probably ever read it. It wasn’t until I had finished the rough draft and had given it to a few people to read that I finally started thinking, ok, maybe this could go somewhere."

Yes, Rod . . . it has gone somewhere, for now you are officially a published author!  We congratulate you on your debut and look forward to the second book in the Dan Coast Series, due out next Spring!


That, my friends, concludes September's featured author profile.  I sincerely hope that you make every effort to attend Rod's book signing event at Frank J. Basloe Library on Tuesday, October 9 from 5-7pm for the official unveiling of Sleeping Dogs Lie.  

For more information about the book and events Rod has planned, please "like" Sleeping Dogs Lie on Facebook.


And now . . . the winner of a signed copy of Rod's book, who won by answering questions of the day on Frank J. Basloe Library's Facebook page is . . .



Congratulations to this month's winner and thank you to all who participated in answering the questions of the day!  


In honor of Banned Books Week, I am taking this week off from the Meet a Local Author, but will return on Columbus Day with a new author and new questions for chances to win!


Until then . . .

“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to 

suit me.” 


      

No comments:

Post a Comment