Monday, December 17, 2012

Happy, Happy, Happy . . .

I hadn't expected to wait this long to post again, but my son was sick, and then I came down with a milder version of what he had, but like so many in our area-sickness set me back a week or two!  I apologize for the delay.

Children's Author to Read Her Stories at Storytime

But, I am back and happy to present to announce that tomorrow, Tuesday, December 18th, local children's author Connie Watkins will be at Basloe Library during Storytime with Miss Nancy at 10:30am.

I happen to know that she is very happy to visit Basloe again and share her stories with the children of our community.

Connie's latest book is called Happy Was His Name.  I don't want to give away too much of the story and ruin the fun for tomorrow, but I will tell you that the plot involves a little boy, various animals and a loving grandmother.


Connie Watkins at Basloe Library in 2008.  Photo courtesy of the Evening Telegram.
Connie will have copies of Happy Was His Name available to purchase, along with her other three children's books.  I am certain that she will be happy to sign them!

That concludes my mini local author feature.  I know that I didn't tell you too much, but I am hoping to bring Connie back later in the year for a full blown feature.

In the meantime, I hope that you will all come out to Basloe Library and give Connie Watkins a warm welcome to Herkimer.  It would make her very, very, very  happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment