Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Mini Feature!!!!

     I hadn't planned on doing another local author feature before 2013, but this one just had to be written.

     About a month ago my daughter, who was unexpectantly home from college for the weekend, and I took a trek up to blustery Boonville to pay a visit to a couple of our past featured local authors who were participating in the annual Dodge-Pratt Northam Art and Community Center and Gift Shop.  Not only did I expect to show support for Dorothy Stacy and Rod Riesel, but I wanted to go meet some other local authors who might be interested in becoming a featured author in 2013.
 
     I met quite a few wonderful authors and had some interesting talks about the challenges that libraries and local authors have.  One such conversation was with someone that I was not familiar with, but who is a long-time friend of Basloe Library.  Constance "Connie" Watkins is an "accomplished photographer, artist, crafter and author."

She will be a special guest at Miss Nancy's Storytime for Preschoolers on December 18th.  She will read her fourth book to the kids and adults, and she will have her books available to purchase and sign as last minute gifts.

I hope that you will come to this special event.  

I will tell you all more about Connie Watkins before the week is out!




No comments:

Post a Comment