Tuesday, March 27, 2012



Earlier this month, I went into Frank J. Basloe Library to borrow Jason's book 42 Unanswered Points so that I would know what questions to ask him. I went to the Fiction section and looked under "Foster" for the title, but it wasn't there. On the odd chance that it was misplaced in the sports section, I checked there. Next I moved to the paperback fiction section, not really expecting it to be there since it is a trade size paper back, but I figured that would be the only other place it could possibly be.  However, it wasn't there either.  By that time the line of St. Francis children who had come to visit the library that day had subsided and I asked Deb West if she could help me.  We searched high and low. We checked the Young Adult section and even made our way into the children's room.  To no avail, we could not find 42 Unanswered Points and the computer did not show that it had been checked out.  Thinking that someone had "accidentally borrowed" the book, I was leaning against the display case talking with library director Lesley Paul when I happened to look down and there, in the display case, was the very book I had been looking for. And why was it there? It was in the case, not because they were featuring sports/romance fiction novels by local authors. Nope. It was there because the cover was green and was part of a St. Patrick's day, green-covered books from random genres.  The only criteria was that the cover had to be green!  Lesley, Deb and I shared a good giggle (quietly, of course-after all it IS the library) while Lesley unlocked the case to retrieve it for me.  So, not only did the seller on Amazon.com see how valuable Foster's book was, it was also so valuable at the Frank J. Basloe Library that it had to be under lock and key!
Stay tuned, beginning this weekend for my exclusive interview with Jason Foster, author of 42 Unanswered Points, and an exclusive sneak peek at his new novel Killer Interview.


Can you locate 42 Unanswered Points in this case?

No comments:

Post a Comment