Friday, March 23, 2012

I'm so excited about the upcoming interview that I couldn't wait for March 31 to give you a teaser.  Jason Foster is a former Junior High School classmate from the old Herkimer Foley Middle School before he crossed the river and switched schools, and before last year I hadn't seen or spoken to him since that time.  Thanks to Facebook and a common friend, we have become somewhat reacquainted, but up until New Year's Eve of this year I had no idea he had written a book.

On that day, I was on Facebook and Jason had posted the following picture:


I found this to be quite amusing and we struck up a conversation about the book.  When Jason explained the subject matter, I have to admit that I was not yet compelled to read it as it is not in my usual genre, but when I had the idea to create a blog to help Frank J. Basloe Library boost its Facebook audience, I decided to borrow the library's copy and read it while I interviewed Jason.  Which leads to another funny story . . . but that will have to wait until next time.

Oh, by the way, during our discussion on New Year's Eve about the book, Jason gave a plug for the Library, even before he knew that I served on the Board of Trustees, and this is what he said:

" . . . Available at the Herkimer library. Although if one buys from Amazon, they will get the edition that has the verbs and punctuation included."

After reading the book, I can assure you that the Library's copy has verbs and punctuation, as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment