Friday, March 16, 2012

     Welcome Friends!  I am so glad that you stopped by.  I am fairly new to blogging, but figured that I would give it a try.  After all I have a really great purpose for writing.  As one of the administrators for the Frank J. Basloe Library's Facebook page, I am promoting the Herkimer, NY library and its Facebook page!  

     Each month we will be holding a contest for all of Frank J. Basloe Library's Facebook friends.  It's fun and easy!

  1. Either like the library's Facebook page, or if you are already a friend, get other people to like the page, too. 
  2. Once you have completed the task, message the library on Facebook with your name and a note saying "enter me in the contest for the month."  
  3. Come back every month for new prizes!  
  4. Check the Frank J. Basloe Library's Facebook page often for updates on events, new information and books.

*Winner will be picked on the last day of each month

 The more friends we have, the better we will be able to serve you by showing the community just how valuable Frank J. Basloe Library is to Herkimer, NY.  
 

The prize for each month will be an autographed copy of a book from a local author. 

The first contest will begin on April 1st, 2012 and the prize will be 

42 Unanswered Points by Jason Foster 

Jason is a really good sport about being my first "guinea pig" for the blog and the contests, and has donated a signed copy of his book. Thanks Jason!  He has also graciously allowed me to interview him while we do battle in Words with Friends (At the moment I am winning both of our games!) Look for pieces of the interview each day beginning March 31, 2012.


If you know of a local author that would like to promote their work, be willing to allow me to interview them, and donate an autographed copy of their book, and possibly a copy to the Frank J. Basloe library it isn't already cataloged, please contact me at cajkinney@earthlink.net

Until next time . . .
"Good books, like good friends, are few and chosen; the more select, the more enjoyable"  
Louisa May Alcott

No comments:

Post a Comment